- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) milk chocolate English toffee bits
- Additional sugar
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
Beat in the oil, eggs and extract.
Combine the flours, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
Stir in almonds and toffee bits.Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar.
Place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten with a fork.
Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
Yield: about 12 dozen.