So since it’s going to be a cool night and has been a wonderfully cool day here in Florida I decided to make a hearty comfort type meal. I got this recipe from Stockpilingmoms.com. It is a crock pot meal and takes overnight to cook but I used a shortcut so I could make it with just hours notice. Here is the original recipe
Mom’s Chicken and Noodles
Cook Time 10 hrs 30 mins (written by Shelby King)
- 2 medium Split Chicken Breasts or boneless chicken breasts.
- 1 large jar of Heinz Homestyle Chicken Gravy
- 1 can of cream of celery soup
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 bag of amish noodles or whatever this noodles you prefer
- Place chicken in crockpot on low with 2.5 cups of water overnight
- In the morning, turn the crockpot off and remove chicken (make sure it is golden) and discard water.
- When the chicken is cool De-bone and tear into pieces.
- PLace chicken in fridge until ready to prep for dinner or it can be done all in the same day and into the crockpot
- One and a half hours before dinner add cream of celery soup, cream of chicken soup, 2 cups of water and half the jar of chicken gravy. Add noodles and cover and turn crockpot to low.
- Cook the noodles until tender -about 1 hour.
- Add chicken to the crockpot and stir carefully. All the chicken and noodles should be mixed well with the ingredients in the crockpot
- Cover the contents with the with the other half of the chicken gravy
- Replace crockpot lid and cook on low for 0.5 Hour.
- Salt to taste when serving.
So here is how I cheated. I took my two bonesless skinless chicken breasts and placed in a pot of cold water. I brought the water to a rolling boil and then cooked and low for 45 minutes. (with two chicken bullion cubes in the water.) and then allowed to cool in a colander. I then tore up the chicken as if i were making pulled BBQ chicken. I put this chicken into the refrigerator until I was ready to make the rest of the recipe.
I added carrots to the mix as well.
Otherwise it turned out very well and was a stick-to-you-ribs delicious meal!!